1. Writing is hard, but it gets easier the more you do it. Maybe it’s because you learn to deal with the challenges of the writing process, and you find the methods that work best for you.
2. Whether you notice it or not, your writing is always improving. The more you write, the more you can see your progress come to life.
3. Writing out your ideas can help you think of, and remember, other ideas you may not necessarily have come across. You’d be surprised by all those thoughts that initially may have been hidden in your mind.
4. Writing can help you articulate the thoughts you may have trouble expressing out loud. Have you ever encountered a situation where you’re trying to find the right words to say, but you can’t seem to verbalize them? Take a moment to gather your words with paper and pen.
5. Using pen and paper to sort out your thoughts can help you organize the ideas that are jumbled up in your head. The next time you have trouble figuring out where to begin a piece of writing, write out all of your ideas to sort them out.
6. Keeping a notebook or note-taking device handy at all times can help you gather all the ideas that come to you at any time of the day. This will save you the frustration of trying to remember what you were thinking about at a later point in time.
7. Through just pen and paper, you can create other worlds and characters, explore other galaxies, and share other universes that no one else could imagine in the same way you could.
8. Writing can help you find your voice. Explore different writing styles to expand your own. It may take some time, but you’ll eventually find your own writing style that feels just like you.
9. Even if you think you don’t have anything to say, just write. You always have something to say.